Sunday, September 15, 2013

first week *check*

My first full week of college has officially been completed. Only 3 more months until I'm back home for Christmas time. I could not be more excited for all the time ahead of me. I've had so much fun this past week. Even though classes are hard, they're manageable. Except my English 101 class. The teacher graduated in April, he has no idea what he's doing, which scares me. Pray for me on that one, hahahaha. I still haven't done a photo shoot yet. It's hard when you're trying to manage making friends, balancing school, eating, and then trying to take pictures at the same time is really difficult. Plus, the hours here are so much shorter than back home. In Utah the sun would set around 8, here it's 6ish. So I'm still trying to be able to balance my time better. I still feel like I'm on Utah time, but I'm getting used to it. It's really hard for me to adjust to times.

So I went to the beach a few times this week, once with McCall Savage and her roommates, and the other time with Lacee Ellis, Eilene and Cody. Lacee cut her foot open on some coral, which was no bueno. She stuck it through though! On Friday there was a dance party thrown by the school, very appropriate. Yesterday night, September 15, there was an off campus party, not as appropriate haha. Cops came because the music was too loud, so we ditched around 11:30. College has been so fun, but I can feel the homesickness kicking in. But what do I know, I don't get homesick ever, so it'll be a new feeling for me. I'm just worried I'll get island fever (definition: feeling stuck and claustrophobic with no where to go on the island). I finally have got out of my comfort zone and have been eating at the Cafeteria now. They are feeding us dog food, I swear. Apparently they're not here to give us gourmet food, they're just here to keep us alive. How comforting.

I also got sunburnt on one arm, which sucks. I just scratched it, and that's when I discovered it. You can imagine how good that felt.

I miss my family and friends more than anything. My roommate makes me feel so alone, I can't even handle it. I just want to sleep all the time. But then I have to do homework. I'm just glad I've been finally making friends, and we've been hanging out a lot more and I'm acting going out of my bubble to do stuff. We went to the PCC and it was absolutely amazing, watching that brought back thousands of memories from my childhood. I used to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center all the time. I just never appreciated the men that danced back when I was little, hahahaha. I will marry a Polynesian boy, I swear by it.

Well, that was my week. For those of you who have been texting, calling, and Facetimeing, I'm glad I'm still on your minds. For other people, the one's who said who'd miss me, but never have even bothered asking me how I'm doing, you're really showing me what our friendship means to you. Note taken.













2 comments:

  1. Love you Aubrey girl! It'll get better! You have an awesome personality you'll have no problem making friends.:) the first few weeks are hard (granted I didn't go to school as far away) but you'll find study groups and friends :) I still talk to my old college friends :)
    Anyway, love you and you are awesome!

    Love you always Lil cuz,
    Shalee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shay! It's just difficult right now, but it's only been an a week and half or so. So In about about a month, I think things will get a lot better! Love you and miss you cuz!

      I hope things are going well!

      Delete