Thursday, October 17, 2013

self confidence

recently, I was told, how could anyone like me, if I didn't like myself? As harsh as that seemed, it made me realize how much I hated about myself. That I wasn't as skinny as I could be, that my acne was always ruining my face, that I wasn't as pretty or as funny as the other girls at my high school, or that I was almost always single. I figured, I'm never going to be good enough for anyone, because... well, I wasn't good enough for myself. But where did hating myself bring me? No where. It made me seem just like every other girl I knew. When did it become socially acceptable to hate your body more than to love it? Why can't I feel good about looking the way I look just because I'm not in a Vogue magazine? I don't have a thigh gap, and I probably never will. I've never been one of those girls that boys drooled over for attention. But why does that matter? They're boys! (No offense to the guys that might read this.) Girls need to stop looking for approval from guys, and that goes to guys as well! It breaks my heart how many guys tell me they're ugly! First of all, stop. It's not attractive to us just like it isn't attractive to you. Second of all, why does it matter what you look like? There is that special someone for EVERYONE. I am a true believer in that. Stop looking for approval in the opposite sex, because the harder you look for it, the more you will get your feelings hurt. Trust me, I've been fighting my thoughts on my self image for quite some time now, so don't think I don't know anything about it, because I truly know first hand.

so what are some ways to help you gain confidence? I'll tell you.

1. Work out. When you look good, you feel good.
2. Eat better. It will help your self esteem SO much even if you don't think it will, it will.
3. Smile. Not only will it brighten your day, but it will make others around you smile as well.
4. At the end of each day, write down something you think you did well. i.e I stood up for someone who couldn't speak for themselves.
5. Listen to music that makes you happy, not ones that make you want to shut yourself out from the world and cry by yourself in your room.
6. Love what you wear. When you look good, it changes the way you feel. This will make you confident with pre-sentencing yourself to society.
7. Walk with purpose. Walk like you have somewhere to be.
8. Make eye contact with the person that's talking or who you're talking to.
9. Next time you're at a party, meet someone new. The girl that looks like she's alone is a good place to start.
10. CLEAN UP. Clear out the clutter in your life. A messy room equals a messy mind.
11. Stop comparing yourself to others. Focus on your positive qualities instead.

These are just some steps to get you started, the rest is up to you. People tell you time and time again that you need confidence, because you do. Confidence is sexy and it makes people want to be you. You can become the most desired person if you had more confidence, I believe that with ever fiber of my being.

go out there and kill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment